What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form, register for any of our activities, or visit our website.
- For each visitor to reach the site, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information: browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
- When subscribing to our newsletter, filling out a form, or registering for any of our activities, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or medical details. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on the website, and to improve our website,
- To administer our programs in furtherance of our charitable mission, including charging participants for those activities,
- To send periodic emails.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the program requested.
- The email address you provide for any part of the site, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the context in which you provided it, in addition to receiving occasional Young Professionals Gold Coast news, updates, related program information, and so on. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. (OPTION) All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our activities, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Accessing Your Personal Information
- You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Young Professional Gold Coast Inc reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Use of photographs and testimonials
- It should also be noted that as a condition to participation in any Young Professionals Gold Coast activity participants grant permission to Young Professionals Gold Coast to:
- Use their photograph, video and/or comments in print, broadcast, online and social media, without further consent and free of charge, acknowledging Young Professionals Gold Coast Inc’s right to crop or treat the media at its discretion and waiving any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, wherein their likeness or comments appear.
- Choose to use their photo/comments at any time, and to discontinue use of photos/comments without notice.
- This policy was last modified on 17 December 2015.