1. YP Gold Coast (IA38081) (“we, us or our”) respects your privacy and is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of all information which we collect from you.
3. Information may be collected from you in numerous ways including:
a. via our website;
b. via our social media pages;
c. in writing:
if you subscribe to our newsletter;
if you fill out an entry form for any competition;
if you register for any of our events;
if you complete any survey;
if you post us your information;
if you call us;
if you provide us with your business card;
if you provide us with your information in any other format such as verbally or via text message.
What information do we collect?
Information collected via our website
4. Every time you use our website, information may be collected by us or on our behalf via services such as Google Analytics.
5. Types of information collected may include:
a. the date and time of your visit to our website and online software;
b. your IP address;
c. the address of the documents you access; and
d. the type of browser and operating system you are using.
6. Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Personal information we collect
7. When you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form, register for our events, attend our events or email us, we may collect the following personal information from you (as appropriate):
a. your name;
b. place of work;
c. e-mail address;
d. mailing address;
e. phone number;
f. credit card information; or
g. dietary requirements.
8. This is not an exhaustive list. We may need to collect additional information about you from time to time.
What do we use your information for?
9. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, shared or passed onto any third parties, other than in accordance with this Policy.
10. We will only collect information from you when is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, or as otherwise permitted by law.
11. Any of the information we collect from you may be used for one or more of the following reasons:
a. to personalize your experience on the website, to gauge visitor traffic and to improve our website,
b. to administer our programs in furtherance of our charitable mission, including charging participants for those activities;
c. to send periodic emails;
d. to assist with your queries;
e. to process an event registration application that you have made;
f. to deal with third party service providers on your behalf where you have engaged us to provide a service (including but not limited to competition entries, event registration);
g. for surveys, direct marketing, promotions or competitions;
h. to disclose your details to allow our sponsors and event partners or other partners to promote their products and services to you;
i. to ensure the proper function of our website and online software;
j. for our marketing, planning and research requirements;
k. for the promotion of us, our suppliers, entities who sponsor us and/or third party partners;
l. to communicate with you;
m. to respond to your requests, questions, comments and complaints;
n. to publish your reviews, forum posts, photographs or other content on our website;
o. to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our participating event partners and sponsors;
p. to resolve disputes or resolve problems;
q. to prevent prohibited or illegal activities;
r. as may otherwise be described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent;
s. facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
t. analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
How do we protect your information?
12. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
13. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your financial information (credit card details etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
14. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our activities, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
15. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Unsubscribe from our email database
16. The email address you provide for any part of the site, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the context in which you provided it, in addition to receiving occasional YP Gold Coast news, updates, related program information, and so on. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
17. By using our website, subscribing to our newsletter, filling out a form, or registering for any of our events , you consent to our Policy.
Accessing Your Personal Information
18. You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. YP Gold Coast reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Use of photographs and testimonials
19. As a condition to participation in any of our events, participants grant permission to us to use their photograph, video and/or comments in print, broadcast, online and social media, without further consent and free of charge, acknowledging YP Gold Coast Inc’s right to crop or treat the media at its discretion and waiving any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, wherein their likeness or comments appear.
20. We may choose to use your photo/comments at any time, and to discontinue use of photos/comments without notice.
21. YP Gold Coast reserves the right to make amendments to this Policy at any time without notice. Please check this Policy regularly for any changes.
22. This Policy was last modified on 25 April 2018.
How to contact us
23. If you have any concerns or questions regarding your privacy, please contact our Secretary:
Post: PO Box 282, Southport BC Qld 4215
24. Should you believe that we have not complied with the terms of our Policy, or would like to appeal a decision made by us relating to your personal information, you can make a complaint in writing to our Secretary using the details set out in item 23 of this Policy. We will respond to you within a reasonable period of time to acknowledge your complaint and inform you of the next steps we will take in dealing with your complaint.
If you are unhappy with a response that you have received from us, you may direct your complaint directly to the Australian Information Commissioner. The details of the Australian Information Commissioner are listed on their website: www.oaic.gov.au
Ticket Sales Terms and Conditions
- Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
- References to “YP Gold Coast” in these Terms and Conditions is to Young Professionals Gold Coast Inc (IA38081).
Application of Terms
- By purchasing a ticket through YP Gold Coast you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Conditions of entry for any venue at which a YP Gold Coast event is held (The Venue) are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s conditions of entry are available online or you can ask YP Gold Coast for a copy.
- Your ticket may be subject to additional booking terms, which will be notified to you prior to purchase. For example, if your ticket is to a timed ticketed exhibition, your ticket will only be valid for your nominated session time. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the additional booking terms and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through YP Gold Coast.
- Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. YP Gold Coast may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
- Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except if the event does not proceed or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- Should the event not proceed, YP Gold Coast is not liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to a refund, credit or exchange for any purchase where you can no longer attend, or do not attend a ticketed event due to any reason whatsoever (except where the event does not proceed).
Pricing and Payment
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST to the extent that GST is payable. Your ticket is a tax invoice.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase. The amount of this fee can vary depending on the event and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
- You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
- If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), YP Gold Coast may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
- These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the YP Gold Coast website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
- Young Professionals Gold Coast reserves the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- These Terms and Conditions were last modified on 18 January 2016.